31 January 2009

11 days ago - esther's january 20th 2009

hello! sorry to be late, but it's fashionable, and i am a superficial bitch so the timing of this post suits me.

inauguration day! in celebration, i took the day off of work to revel in the fact we have a new president. besides, if i would have gone to work, i probably would have cut someone.

still evil

see ya later evil dick cheney! srsly, who looks that evil in a wheelchair? dick the devil cheney.

obama!

i was so happy. i cried.

afterwards, i went to get my learn on.

the long way

the shuttle was so insanely packed that day i had to awkwardly hang over an even more awkward guy. and the driver kept giving me dirty looks.

the professor

it's queer theory with genius/professor kathryn stockton. she is so cool. a friend of mine has a theory that she's into asphixiation, hence the mock turtlenecks. i think she is just really cold.

irene

after class i visit my friend irene. i secretly think of her as my mentor.

1001 cranes

she had this amazing... THING hanging from her ceiling. 1000 cranes she made for her daughter's wedding. she told me when i got married she would make them for me too! now i have to get married, if only for that gift. put that on my list of things to do...

empty

take a very empty shuttle back to my car.

day 20

this was my picture of the day for the 365 day photo project. one of my favorites.

haze

bleh, haze.

jessica and i went to sage's market.

men's pocky

men's pocky. it's bitter. like men. ha!

logo for a freight company

this is the logo for a freight company - i always see their trucks around my work and LOVE it so much!

jessica

we go to a park and eat our goods in bitter ass cold.

to kill more time without losing our toes, we go to toys r us.

my god, the pink.

now they're manufacturing board games for girls. pink monopoly! you can be a chihuahua, a cell phone or sunglasses. the boutique edition also comes in a pink carrying case reminiscent of a jewelry box. my god, are gender roles being so threatened we need to reinforce them like THIS?

en garde!

jessica and i duel with stuffed animals. i won. totally.



lolz, jessica.

sup suckas

sup.

we left, and i bought the high school musical version of mystery date for $4.40. SO GOOD! WHO WILL PLAY WITH ME?! we went to pagoda and i ate my favorite thing ever, chicken tats. so delicious, not to be confused with tater tots (bleh).

light in my tea

a light in my tea cup!

fortune

that's not vague at all.

then i went home to find my textbooks had arrived!

textbooks

played some video games, read a little and went to bed. pretty good day.

1 comment:

$teve said...

Men's Pocky Sticks? Never would've imagined. Thank you for sharing your day. :)